Sudoku is one of the world’s most popular puzzle games, but many Sudoku players might be wondering, “who are the best Sudoku players in the world?” Out of all of the millions of people playing Sudoku on their morning commutes or at their desks or on their phones, how do the best of the best rise to the top? Where are they from? What do they do for a living? What did they study in school? Continue reading
Sudoku is a fun puzzle game once you get the hang of it. At the same time, learning to play Sudoku can be a bit intimidating for beginners. So, if you are a complete beginner, here are a few Sudoku tips that you can use to improve your Sudoku skills.
- Tip 1: Look for rows, columns of 3×3 sections that contain 5 or more numbers. Work through the remaining empty cells, trying the numbers that have not been used. In many cases, you will find numbers that can only be placed in one position considering the other numbers that are already in its row, column, and 3×3 grid.
- Tip 2: Break the grid up visually into 3 columns and 3 rows. Each large column will have 3, 3×3 grids and each row will have 3, 3×3 grids. Now, look for columns or grids that have 2 of the same number. Logically, there must be a 3rd copy of the same number in the only remaining 9-cell section. Look at each of the remaining 9 positions and see if you can find the location of the missing number.
Now that you know a little more about Sudoku, play and enjoy this free online game.
The goal of Sudoku is to fill in a 9×9 grid with digits so that each column, row, and 3×3 section contain the numbers between 1 to 9. At the beginning of the game, the 9×9 grid will have some of the squares filled in. Your job is to use logic to fill in the missing digits and complete the grid. Don’t forget, a move is incorrect if:
- Any row contains more than one of the same number from 1 to 9
- Any column contains more than one of the same number from 1 to 9
- Any 3×3 grid contains more than one of the same number from 1 to 9
The popular Japanese puzzle game Sudoku is based on the logical placement of numbers. An online game of logic, Sudoku doesn’t require any calculation nor special math skills; all that is needed are brains and concentration.
One of the reasons that people are so frustrated when they start to learn Sudoku is that they use the “brute force” method. The good news is that there is a better way. Sudoku doesn’t have to be frustrating or tedious. Join the Sudoku Professor as he explains how to solve beginner and intermediate Sudoku puzzles the fun and easy way.
Many beginner Sudoku players solve Sudoku puzzles by looking at one number at a time, one square at a time or one row or column at a time – but if you want to get better at solving Sudoku puzzles, you need to develop a broader view and learn how to eliminate numbers from multiple rows, columns or squares at the same time. This article will show you how. Continue reading
Many Sudoku beginners treat Sudoku like a one-step-at-a-time linear game – first you find the right number for this missing space, then the next, then the next, and so on until you’re done. But a more advanced understanding of Sudoku shows that some of the most successful Sudoku players know how to solve Sudoku puzzles by thinking ahead. Continue reading
At Sudoku.com, we are always looking for new ways to help you to improve your Sudoku skills. So, I am so excited to let you know that the Sudoku Professor himself has agreed to share some of his tips, just with you.
In this first in a series of three videos, the Sudoku Professor shows us a common, but ultimately frustrating, way of solving Sudoku. Continue reading
If you’re just getting started with Sudoku, it can be difficult to get a no-nonsense description of exactly how to play the game. That’s why we decided to create this video to walk through.
Sudoku is one of the most popular puzzle games of all time. The goal of Sudoku is to fill a 9×9 grid with numbers so that each row, column and 3×3 section contain all of the digits between 1 and 9. As a logic puzzle, Sudoku is also an excellent brain game. If you play Sudoku daily, you will soon start to see improvements in your concentration and overall brain power. Start a game now. Within no time Sudoku will be your favorite free online game.